Responsible for leading the Mechanical Maintenance Group to upkeep all aspects of mechanical maintenance in Qatalum’s Power Plant
- Within the Engineering and Maintenance Department continue to develop robust Asset and Plant Maintenance Strategies
- Develop Preventative Maintenance Schedules to provide the highest Plant Availability and Reliability
- Support the Planning & Reliability department in development of Plant Condition Monitoring regime and within the Engineering and Maintenance department review diagnostics and investigate root cause
- Review PM Schedules against failures to ensure continuous improvement
- Within the Engineering and Maintenance Department develop Major Plant Failure Strategies
- Ensure that Spare Parts (Capital and Consumable) are maintained at levels to minimize downtime of Plant.
- Continuously review with Procurement Department stock holding levels to ensure plant availability
- Preparation of Purchase Request
- Take ownership of Mechanical Maintenance details within SAP
- Assist in review of Plant Inventory
- Ensure the SAP work histories are keep updated with sufficient information allowing long term interrogation
- Provide Maintenance Planner Suitable information to allow accurate and specific Maintenance Schedules
- Review schedules and priorities work content
- Communicate priorities to Team Members
- Responsible for the Quality control within department
- Execution of planned activities within time and budget.
- Liaise with OEMs, service providers and vendors on maintenance issues and/or requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of contracts and tender documents for maintenance activities.
- Responsible for tools management.
- Overall supervise site works and activities directly pertaining to the Mechanical Maintenance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor degree in relevant Engineering field
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical aspects of CCGT Power Plant
Minimum Experience Required
- 7-9 years experience in combined cycle power plant Operations and Maintenance
- 3 years Management / Supervisory experience
- Experience of Plant Turnaround is highly desirable
- International experience would be an advantage
Job Specific Skills
- Well-developed investigative and statistical data analysis skills with strategic thinking
- Strong safety focus
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- SAP knowledge
- Fluency in English