To manage IT infrastructure, ERP, cyber security and automation systems of Qatalum. Qatalum has very complex infrastructure compared to many other areas within Qatar and around the world since we are using latest technology for automation. IT technology infrastructures for Qatalum are interconnected with automation systems which has complex architecture which has to be highly secured and with very good understanding of automation backgrounds and automated operation production requirements.
- Digital transformation leader
- Continuous improvement for IT, Automation and operations
- Maintenance experience In automation required
- Assist in planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to all IS/IT systems including Automation and Infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of Qatalum’s IS/IT systems.
- Mange crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Mentor and train new IT staff.
- Manage ISIT budget and responsible of purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies at the regional level.
- Ensure that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of quality management systems and procedures.
- Ensure the development of nationals to take on adequate positions should be given special attention.
- Actively develop and maintain Succession Plans for the department. Also play an active role as a mentor.
- Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Adherence to world class best practices for safety, health and environmental standards.
- Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensure that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
- Develop and gain approval for department policies and procedures ensuring their alignment to overall business objectives. Monitor and control implementation and advice on the policy application to ensure that they are properly communicated and widely understood.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / automation, Masters in Information Technology
Minimum Experience Required
- 12-15 years’ experience in a similar or equivalent position
- 10 years Management/Supervisory experience
Job Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001, and automation standards ISA
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Fluency in English