To perform all aspects of mechanical maintenance for Qatalum Power Plant.
- Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensure that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
- Work with Qatalum’s Work permit/LOTO System to ensure safety from the system during all work performed.
- Be proactive in the promotion of a Healthy and safety culture with the Mechanical department.
- Ensure personal compliance with the PPE requirements of Qatalum HSE guidelines.
- Follow of all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Active involvement in the installation and commissioning of mechanical equipment and systems for Qatalum Power Plant.
- Review standards of installation and report on defects and non-conformance issues.
- Carry out ‘baseline’ inspections of Rotating Equipment as directed by Mechanical Superintendent.
- Carry out routine inspections of mechanical equipment and systems under the direction of Mechanical Superintendent in coordination with all Maintenance departments.
- In conjunction with Mechanical Planner complete preventative maintenance activities and feedback completion status.
- In conjunction with Maintenance personnel assist in work activities to ensure the highest plant availability and earliest return to service.
- Assist other departments in the interrogation of data in Root Cause Analysis.
- Coordinate with the Engineering department to identify spare part requirements.
- Assist as required in Auditing of Spares holding.
- Coordinate with Mechanical Planning Engineer to ensure that relative histories and data are stored within the CMMS.
- Provide feedback on percentage completion of Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Support the development and training of National employees.
- Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Technical / Trade Certificate in relevant field
Minimum Experience Required
- 4-6 years experience with Power Plant mechanical equipment with well developed maintenance skills
- Combined cycle and International experience would be an advantage
Job Specific Skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English
- Self motivated with a determination to maintain a high quality of work.
- A Strong Safety Focus.
- Willingness & ability to become fully involved in daily operations in the Permit to Work System.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s, Engineering Drawings and Manufacturer Maintenance Instructions
- Ability to develop and produce accurate maintenance work instructions from Manufacturer data.
- Time management.
- Organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.