To manage, develop and control all activities at the company’s main warehouse. To oversee the planned maintenance of warehouse equipment, manage and improve functional area’s performance measures through use and interpretation of Continuous Improvement tools at a strategic and functional level. To control the movement and storage of materials within an operation and process the associated transactions.
- Implementation of new strategies, workflows and business concepts after evaluation in the best interest of the company and manage resultant changes with appropriate resource allocations and accountability levels.
- Update and upkeep the latest international developments in materials management systems, procedures and technologies for the betterment of the company.
- Deputize for Department Manager as the nominated company member for QP Material Managers Committee and participate as the company’s representative at the annual QP Suppliers forum.
- Manage manpower and service contractors, evaluate performance of various contractors with Procurement Department and identify areas requiring improvements both in quality and quantity.
- Manage and provide leadership to all the activities of the warehouse section to ensure company goals and objectives are met in a cost effective way.
- Prepare and monitor operating budgets for the warehouse on monthly basis and investigate and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the assigned organizational unit and comply with established standards and procedures to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and that employees are motivated, understand what is expected of them, and perform according to the designated standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Minimum Experience Required
- 7 - 9 years of experience in diversified Supply Chain Management
- 3 years Management/ Supervisory experience.
Job Specific Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Knowledge in SAP modules
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Management and Safety Management concepts (ISO 9001 and OHSAS-18001 series)
- Excellent planning, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent command of English (writing and oral)