To perform maintenance tasks and duties within Casthouse whilst assisting Supervisor and other team members. To operate all equipment and perform tasks to achieve HSE, maintenance, production, quality and customer requirements in line with Qatalum Values, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Shift and daily maintenance targets are achieved.
- Responsible for equipment and tools used in work activities are in good working order and specification.
- Participate during introduction of new tools used in work activities are in good working order and specification.
- Participate during introduction of new tools/routines/technology.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping to be maintained at all times. All work areas have to be kept free of spillages and rubbish.
- Participate in improvement groups.
- Carry out routine preventive and breakdown maintenance duties.
- Coordinate work schedules and activities with process, operations and support employees.
- Participate in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and process audits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Relevant Technical/Trade qualification
Minimum Experience Required
- 4-6 years maintenance experience in an Aluminium plant
- Work Experience in RAM station, FA & EI Casting machines , Strapping machine , packing area machines & Stacking Robots .
Job Specific Skills
- Thorough knowledge of required training modules within production areas of Casthouse including assessment and verification as competent
- Ability to acquire higher technical skills
- Skills in trouble shooting of Hydraulic & pneumatic circuits.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Coordination skills
- Analytical and problem solving
- Relevant vehicle licenses
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English