To perform operational tasks and duties as required within the Carbon Plant to assist Qatalum in achieving its business objectives.
- Follow of all relevant operational procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensure that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
- Provide input and recommendations for the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Support the development and training of National employees.
- Perform work duties as required in order to ensure shift and daily targets are met.
- Assist the shift supervisor in introducing new tools, concepts, technologies and work routines to shift workers in order to increase awareness and improve efficiency
- Perform first line maintenance, including pre and post inspections and deviation reporting in order to ensure continued equipment availability and performance.
- Identify and report any maintenance and modification ensuring that any malfunctioning equipment is immediately and rapidly repaired or replaced.
- Perform 5S activity as a part of regular job in order to maintain 5S standard.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks and allocated areas of ownership
- Ensure that the company rules, regulations, policies and standards are diligently followed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- High School Diploma
- GCC Driving Licenses
- 3-4 years in Carbon Plant Operations or other similar industry experience
Job Specific Skills
- Computer Skills