To perform metal tapping and metal transportation from Potroom to Casthouse and anodes and butts transportation from Potlines to Bath Cleaning Plant according to Standard Operation Procedures, in a safe, environmentally way, efficient and cost effective manner.
- During start-up and standard operation assist and follow up on work procedures ensuring compliance to pre-defined work instruction in the areas of:
Anodes and butts transportation
Metal sampling of liquid metal
Metal delivery to Casthouse
Crucible and pipe cleaning
Vehicles operating – tapping vehicle, anodes transporter
- Assist Shift Supervisor in introducing new tools, procedures and work routines to shift workers in order to increase awareness and improve efficiency.
- Perform first line maintenance on equipment in order to minimize costly downtime or escalate as needed.
- Identity and report any maintenance and modification to ensure that any malfunctioning equipment is immediately and rapidly repaired or replaced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- High School (Grade 12) certificate
- Driving License
- 1-3 years experience in Heavy Industry
- Experience in logistics preferred
Job Specific Skills
- Able to interpret Quantitative Data
- Organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English