To perform all assigned duties related to potline operation in a safe, environmentally way, efficient and cost effective manner.
- During start up and standard operation, carry out routine and non routine tasks as required by the potline operations to fulfill the work schedule and resulting from unforeseen events unscheduled work to meet daily targets.
- Apply Company’s Best Work Standard Practices and Health, Safety and Environmental Standards while performing in areas of :
Anodes Changing and Covering
Logs and Curves Interpretation
Pots Deviation Treatment
- Assist Shift Supervisor in introducing new tools, technologies and work routines to shift co-workers in order to increase awareness and improve efficiency.
- Perform first line maintenance on equipment in order to minimize costly downtime and escalate findings as applicable and needed.
- Identify and report any equipment malfunctioning immediately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- High School (Grade 12) certificate
- Driving License
- 3 – 5 years experience in Aluminum potline operations
Job Specific Skills
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English