To perform all activities related to maintenance in Carbon areas in order to ensure equipment availability and performance.
- During forced outages assist where needed in order to ensure the highest plant availability and earliest return to service.
- Carry out inspections and routine plant running checks in order to prevent malfunction and maximize performance and efficiency of equipment.
- Perform corrective maintenance on equipment in the Carbon Plant in order to restore it to working order as quickly as possible.
- Assist in conduction Root Cause Analysis by interrogating the data in order to determine underlying reasons for faults.
- Update data and maintain histories within the CMMS to ensure that latest valid information in available.
- Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensure that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- Relevant Technical/Trade qualification
- 4-6 years’ experience in similar position in the Aluminium industry
Job Specific Skills
- Through understanding of design and operation of all the equipment in Carbon Plant
- Thorough knowledge of all process within all production areas of Carbon Plant including assessment and verification as competent.
- Detailed knowledge on Hydraulic & Pneumatic systems
- SAP experience in PM&MM modules as user.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relevant vehicle licenses
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English