Support the Senior Treasury Officer to source and execute the data related to treasury activities within Qatalum including foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity price risk management, debt management, cash management and payments
- Support the execution of market risk management activities for foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity price risks.
- Assist with information gathering and market analysis.
- Prepare reports and presentations.
- Build analysis models
- Assist in identifying counterparty default risk according to Qatalum’s policies and procedures in time
- Assist in monitoring counterparty credit ratings.
- Assist in identifying possible beneficial changes to exposures based on modified counterparty risk profiles
- Participate in the management of Qatalum’s debt from banks and export credit agencies.
- Assist to ensure optimized fund operations in line with established loan agreements and cash call procedures.
- Assist in managing the debt book to ensure Qatalum fulfils all obligations.
- Assist in monitoring debt covenants to ensure Qatalum does not breach.
- Assist with the execution of cash and liquidity management transactions as directed by the Senior Treasury officer.
- Assist in ensuring sufficient liquidity is available in the required currencies.
- Assist in developing investment policies.
- Assist in developing short, medium- and long-term liquidity reporting procedures and systems.
- Coordinate all Qatalum’s payments (vendors, employees, financial counterparties etc).
- Ensure payments are executed efficiently and without delay.
- Propose changes to the financial authority matrix to ensure smooth payment processing.
- Drive the implementation of straight-through-processing of payments.
- Manage Qatalum’s petty cash.
- Master data management
- Ensure foreign exchange rates and other market data (as required) is updated in SAP.
- Provide other business areas with market data as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- University degree in finance, economics, accounting, business or other relevant subject.
- 4 - 6 years’ corporate treasury experience.
- Experience from a manufacturing business is an advantage
- Good experience of online payment systems and Bloomberg terminal (or similar package).
- Solid SAP FI experience.
- Advanced user of Excel and other MS Office packages.
Job Specific Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Team and service orientated
- Organizational and time management skills