Act as subject matter expert and assist Management of the company to ensure that the company effectively produces environmentally sustainable aluminium (green aluminium) by utilising relevant technology and excellent knowledge of regulatory and market requirements
- Develop, implement and review the company’s Sustainability and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies
- Develop metrics and benchmarks for ongoing measurement of progress in corporate sustainability. In relation, collate and prepare the sustainability report for the organization, aligned with applicable reporting standards e.g. GRIs, needed for public disclosure.
- Conduct study and analysis of the Sustainability/ESG opportunities relevant to the industry and our Organisation;
- Monitor and work on ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) rating by ascertaining and measuring sustainability efforts and monitor sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, recycling, etc
- Actively engage with relevant stakeholders to identify and address sustainability issue
- Engage with operating units across the organization to embed sustainability in its operations
- Establish a strong sustainability network and stay abreast with new development, policies, best practices and technology;
- Collect and analyse company-wide data on sustainability initiatives and programs and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to provide senior management with relevant analysis and recommendations on sustainability programs and reporting; and
- Communicate with sustainability practitioners, professionals, consultants, government agencies and regulatory bodies to stay updated with new developments in sustainability-related policies, best practices and technology.
- Implement initiatives of biodiversity, renewable energy and green technology to achieve Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction
- Achieve sustainability certification bodies like World Resources Institute (WRI), World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), World Economic Forum (WEF), Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI), International Aluminium Institute (IAI)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Due to the large volume of applications normally received only shortlisted candidate's will be contacted.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree within sustainability, environment science, engineering, environmental management or related subject
- A masters in sustainability will be an advantage
Minimum Experience Required
- 7-9 years of experience in environment and sustainability within metal or other relevant industry. Excellent track record of developing and implementing effective sustainability strategies for a producer/smelter.
Job Specific Skills
- Project Management
- Strong knowledge of ASI Performance standard and Chain of custody standard and other relevant international environment and Sustainablity standards e.g. ISO 14001:2015
- Knowledge policy management, Climate Change Risk, Biodiversity, Transparency & Disclosure, Responsible Sourcing, Emissions, effluents and waste, water stewardship, Human Rights and Labour Rights practices
- Experience in a consulting role on the topic of Green House Gas (GHG) reduction strategies will be an advantage