Lead Process Engineer is the owner of processes and product quality in the Carbon plant from raw material to finished anodes supplied to Reduction and is the focal point to handle interface between Carbon and Reduction.
- Manage, train process supervisors and operators to ensure processes are well understood, under control and business targets are achieved for each area
- Lead and provide technical guidance for implementation of improvements in Carbon plant and monitor results, ensure management of change standard is followed for each change
- Oversee the implementation of new business processes and raw material trials in cooperation with Reduction
- Support area managers and process supervisors in order to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend actions to resolve
- Measure quality adherence in each area with pre-agreed indicators and report to Group manager and area managers on weekly basis for continuous monitoring
- Propose improvement ideas for Carbon processes through Industry 4.0 applications and support and monitor automations during implementation
- Benchmark with other smelters for existing processes and seek for improvement opportunities
- Ensure Carbon is meeting with QS 9000 and IATF standards and participate in audits
- Develop and update FMEA – control plan and quality catalogue for Carbon
- Develop and update Carbon dashboard to monitor department’s adherence to predefined KPI’s
- Ensure implementation SOP’s and OPL’s created by the Critical Process Groups led by process supervisors.
- Coach process group members to strengthen their skills and knowledge necessary to function their tasks effectively
- Provide support and assistance to the process supervisors on anode quality subjects (Systems, Standards, Processes & Procedures)
- Ensure training documents are prepared and updated for new employees
- Ensure that Carbon quality standards are described and updated in INOSA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Metallurgy/Mechanical/Industrial or any other relevant)
Minimum Experience Required
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in Carbon area of a primary smelter
- 3-5 years of supervision experience
Job Specific Skills
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Statistical analysis and tools
- Must be experienced in managing relationships
- Has a good understanding of industry (aluminium or similar) practices and procedures and the ability to integrate process activities within operation and maintenance limitations
- Has a thorough understanding of the design and operation of all equipment within the Carbon Group in general, process in special.