Operation and maintenance of all water systems, system for fuel gas (Aluminium plant) as well as systems for compressed air (Aluminium plant and port). Operation and maintenance of inbound port and raw material handling systems as well as transportation of bulk raw materials between main storage and Aluminium plant. Management of internal storage and transportation of product containers.
- Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensure that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
- Adherence to world class best practices for safety, health and environmental standards.
- HSE, Quality housekeeping budgeting within own area.
- Produce sustainable, measureable results in Environmental/Safety/Health and Financial.
- Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of department system, processes and practices, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Ensure the effective achievement of functional objectives through the leadership of Port & Utilities department setting departmental and individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to optimize individual and departmental performance.
- Actively develop and maintain Succession Plans for the department. Also play an active role as a mentor.
- Ensure the development of nationals to take on adequate positions should be given special attention.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of quality management systems and procedures.
- To filter key points from complex details and develop plans accordingly.
- Cost responsibility for Port & Utilities area (approx. 640 MUSD) and to ensure that Port & Utilities operates effectively within their budget.
- Accountable for all port and utilities systems activities including contracting.
- Provide relevant advices to all management team members.
- Ensure and overview the operation and maintenance of systems for technical safety and systems for fuel gas, sea water, fresh water, compressed air, ventilation, waste water treatment, common low voltage electrical systems.
- Responsible for meeting targets relating to quality of service, cost and productivity.
- Maintain contact with contractors to ensure completion of work at minimum cost.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance criteria and guidance is current and regularly communicate with regional staff and management to ascertain needs.
- Gas distribution within aluminium plant.
- Compressed air provision to port and Aluminium plant.
- Supply of sea water to the Power and Aluminium plant for cooling and scrubbing purposes.
- Supply of sweet water from local supply to Power plant and within Port and Aluminium plant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Qatalum’s Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Minimum Qualification Required
- University Degree in a relevant field of Engineering
- 10-12 years experience in a similar position preferably in the Aluminium industry
- 3 – 5 yrs in similar position
Job Specific Skills
- In depth knowledge of technical safety and operation and maintenance of systems within port and utilities
- Ability to create team spirit
- Ability to create good relationships
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English
Due to the large volume of applications normally received only shortlisted candidate's will be contacted.